[SqueakDBX] Character encoding and pooling in SqueakDBX and Glorp

Panu Suominen panu.j.m.suominen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 05:20:38 UTC 2010

2010/8/24 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:

> Yes. So that I can see it. Do you know if it breaks compatibility with other
> databases or OS? because SqueakDBX classes like DBXConnection should be
> cross-backend.

I don't know how cross-platform my fix is. Database part should be
fine. Postgresql can now detect the encoding.
Others database platforms just don't know anything about encoding
(they use default utf-8). If other smalltalk dialects have
TextConverter then it should be fine.
If they haven't then I can implement another abstraction layer to
provide compatibility between dialects.

> If you want to can use another new package with your commit.
I am sorry, but I did not quite understand what you meant...

Unfortunately I am a little busy at work right now so I did not had
time to learn how to use monticello properly to create version only
containing required changes.
For this reason I attached change set file to this mail.

>> Also is there a connection pooling facility for SqueakDBX or Glorp?
> Yes, several.
Thank you.

--
Panu