[SqueakDBX] Character encoding and pooling in SqueakDBX and Glorp

Panu Suominen panu.j.m.suominen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 19:14:32 UTC 2010

I made the changes I promised but they got erased because of creative
use of mv. Apparently the work dir I have used have not existed for
two weeks. Anyways I am writing those changes again. From the first
implementation it seemed wise to link the encoding setting to Glorp
login object
and to DBXConnectionSettings. So I am still working on this one. :)

> Of greater concern to me is the disconnect of Squeak/Pharo from the main
> line development of GLORP in VW Smalltalk. But that's a whole other
> discussion.

First, thaks for postgresql version info. Is there some place to read about
that discussion or is the discussion yet to be made.
--
Panu