[SqueakDBX] auto increment on Squeak/Pharo - Glorp - Postgres

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:43:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM, Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> wrote:

> I didn't ever see the sequence select code, when I had run my code with
> LoggingEnabled. I had wrongly concluded that the feature was not working.
>
> I have since loaded GlorpDBX via the metacello config, followed by the
> native postgres driver. BTW, the compiler tweak that allows '_' in method
> names did not get loaded when using ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX.

Are you sure ? I put a self halt in  ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX >>
loadUnderscoreFix
and then I evaluated (ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project version: '1.0') load

and the method loadUnderscoreFix is being called....so it works here

> Two testcases failed - I'll send a separate email. So things looked okay
> with the native postgres driver. Then I used GlorpItinerary in a simple test
> case, which demonstrated that the sequence id's were working. When I moved
> this test case back to my original image, I found that the sequence id's
> worked there too.

Ok, sent an email. For those Glorp bugs/issues it would be better to post in
Glorp miling list (glorp-group at googlegroups.com) as you will probably
receive more help than here.