[SqueakDBX] Re: Gofer for GlorpDBX

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 22:41:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM, John Toohey <jt at parspro.com> wrote:

> Have you made a Gofer script to install the latest GloprDBX and Postgres
> driver on the latest RC1 Pharo images? I'm trying to create a full Gofer
> script that will build my entire app from a Pharo DEV image.

Hi John. I didn't wrote any Gofer plugin and I even don't have it in mind.
The future of SqueakDBX and GlorpDBX packages managment will be with
Metacello.

So far, you have in the repository MetacelloRepository in squeakspurce, two
packages: ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX and ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX. The second
one, right now it install GlorpDBX and the SqueakDBX driver, NOT the
PostgreSQL native driver. If this is what you want, maybe I can add a group
to metacello conf.

Right now, to install SqueakDBX you have to evaluate:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX) project version: '1.0') load.

And for GlorpDBX:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX) project version: '1.0') load.

If you really need to load GlorpDBX with Postgresql native driver, than I
can create a group so that you will be able to evaluate:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX) project version: '1.0') load:
'GlorpDBXWithNativePostgreSQLNativeDriver'

Do you need that?

In addition, the loaders we wrote some time ago, should be running:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'Glorp';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
    load.

GlorpPharoLoader loadGlorpWithNativePostgreSQLDriver