[SqueakDBX] Re: Glorp on SqueakDBX

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 09:22:50 UTC 2010

Hi Stephan. The state of SqueakDBX + Glorp -> GlorpDBX is uncertain in the
site. That's true because we didn't have time to release a stable version.
The truth is that we are quite busy this year :(

Nevertheless, GlorpDBX is working correctly with PostgreSQL, Oracle and
MySQL. Some tests fails (I think only MySQL has failing tests) but they are
just because the database doesn't support a particular feature.

So, if you use PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle, GlorpDBX should work ok. We even
have a production enviroment with GlorpDBX + MySQL  :)

If you want to give it a try to GlorpDBX, there is a Metacello configuration
for it:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX) project version: '1.0') load.

Remember you need to have OpenDBX and the PostgreSQL libraries installed.

It would be great if you can use GlorpDBX for Suixo project because it gives
it portability....
I mean, at least you can change the database ;)

Cheers

Mariano