[SqueakDBX] Re: Glorp on SqueakDBX

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 23:25:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> Hi Stephan. The state of SqueakDBX + Glorp -> GlorpDBX is uncertain in the
>> site. That's true because we didn't have time to release a stable version.
>> The truth is that we are quite busy this year :(
>>
>> Nevertheless, GlorpDBX is working correctly with PostgreSQL, Oracle and
>> MySQL. Some tests fails (I think only MySQL has failing tests) but they are
>> just because the database doesn't support a particular feature.
>>
>> So, if you use PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle, GlorpDBX should work ok. We
>> even have a production enviroment with GlorpDBX + MySQL  :)
>>

> Can the web site be updated with this info. I pointed someone there from
> LinkedIn, and he dismissed it without trying it, once he read it only worked
> for PostgreSQL.

Hi Yanni. Thanks for the feedback. We had some information in the website,
but not the current status...
For today, check this http://www.squeakdbx.org/GLORP%20integration
there you can navigate to different pages. Some of that pages need to be
updated. I will do that during the weekend.

> Also, he was not able to locate the site using a Google search. IIUC, it's
> a Pier based site, so Google should find it. Maybe the site needs some
> Google-magic applied, so it shows up under "squeak + glorp".

This is weird....it should be "findable" but Google. First because we have
the cannonical stuff in Pier. Second (I am not sure) I think we have the
sitemap addon.  I don't remember...And finally, we have several places
pointing to that url to make it more "findable".

Cheers

Mariano