[SqueakDBX] Link complains about ilike:

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 04:35:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Panu Suominen <panu.suominen at iki.fi> wrote:

> 2010/11/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Panu. Thanks for finding this bug. It seems a typo. Can you try
> chaning
> > it to #like:  instead of #ilike:  and see if the test works?
>
> But that changes semantics. readManyOf: Something where: [:a | a name
> like: '%bob%']
> probably does not return any "Bob". However  [:a | a name ilike:
> '%bob%'] should return.
>
> Sorry. I was not aware of the ILIKE SQL keyboard. Seems to be used only in
PostgreSQL.
And now I read the method  RelationExpression >> operationFor: aSymbol

So....you are right. We should implement #ilike:   similar to #like:  but
being case insensitive.

However, if you check #ilike:  it is case insensitive too. Read the comment
of method String >> match:

I am confused what we should do.

mariano