[SqueakDBX] Character encoding and pooling in SqueakDBX and Glorp

Panu Suominen panu.j.m.suominen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:49:53 UTC 2010

2010/9/25 Panu Suominen <panu.j.m.suominen at gmail.com>:
> 2010/9/25 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:
>> Ok....finally today I had some time and I integrate all changes and updated
>> the Metacello configurations.  I would really appreaciate if you could take
>> a look and let me know if you find it good also. I run the tests with and
>> without encoding and seems to work.
>
> Thanx. I try to check them when I have time.

Sorry that it took so long. Hopefully I can start answer more faster
because we are going to the direction using smalltalk more and more
now.

Version 1.3 ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX in squeaksources Metacello
Repository did not contain changes that pass the encoding strategy
down from Glorp Login to DBXConnectionSettings.
I created new version to SqueakDBX project (in squeacksource)
(GlorpDriverSqueakDBX-PanuSuominen.9) which fixed this problem.
However I found out that you had already fixed that in
GlorpDriverSqueakDBX-MarianoMartinezPeck.9. So it might be best if the
version I created would be removed. Otherwise it seems to work ok.
Would it be ok to update 1.3 to contain the version you created?

DatabasePlatform of Glorp seems to contain characterEncoding but I
have not yet found out how this is used. It does not seem to solve the
same problem. Does anyone know about it?

--
Panu