[SqueakDBX] [ANN] SqueakDBX 1.2 release

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 08:08:04 UTC 2010

Hi folks. We are realeasing SqueakDBX 1.2, just an small release. For those
who doesn't know, SqueakDBX is a database driver to connect to most of the
existing databases.

For more details, please read www.squeakdbx.org

The main changes in this release are:

   - ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX version: 1.2
   - Comments: SqueakDBX stable 1.2
   - OpenDBX version: 1.5
   - New Features
      - GlorpDBX connection pool for SqueakDBXDriver. Thanks to John Toohey
      for this contribution.
      - New support for Firebird 100% green tests in Windows.
      - New support for MySQL 4.
      - New tests for PostgreSQL sequences, for bad data settings, large
      objects, etc.
      - We now let a platform to set special options ALWAYS before opening
      the connection.
      - Packages remodularization and little changes so that to easily
      support ports, for example to Dolphin.
      - Start to support large objects. For the moment: Postgresql supports
      TEXT, MySQL supports TEXT and BLOB, and SQLite CLOB (error with BLOB),
      Oracle supports CLOB and NCLOB.
      - Added the possibility to enable or disable automatic release of
      connections using WeakRegistry.
   - Notes
      - Tested with Cog, resulting in an average of 3x increase and 100%
      green.
      - Tested in Pharo 1.0 and 1.1.
      - Updated Metacello configurations

To install it:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX';
load.

(ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX project version: '1.2') load.

In Pharo 1.1 I recommend to evaluate the following:

DBXPlatform disableAutomaticConnectionReleaseOnGC

Cheers

Mariano