[SqueakDBX] Character encoding and pooling in SqueakDBX and Glorp

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 16:47:28 UTC 2010

Few more things:

1)  PSAutomaticEncoding >>  encoderFor: anObject
    | encoding |
    encoding := anObject queryEncoding.
    ^TextConverter newForEncoding: encoding.

I  think it would be better to be:

PSAutomaticEncoding >>  encoderFor: aConnection
    | encoding |
    encoding := aConnection queryEncoding.
    ^TextConverter newForEncoding: encoding.

Since object DNU queryEncodying, but DBXConnection.

2)   testUTF8IsDetected   fails because there is no implementor of
runScenario

3)  TO integrate it, I was thnking I can put the classes of
'EncodingStrategy' into a new  'OpenDBX-Core-Encoding'
And the tests in  'OpenDBX-Core-Tests-Encoding'

In addition, I have to rename PSAclassName to DBXAclassName. Do you agree
with this?

cheers

mariano