[SqueakDBX] Installing on Windows with MSSql backend was Re: [Esug-list] [ANN] ESUG supports once again SqueakDBX

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:23:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Miguel Sanchez <mikey.sanchez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OK after a few weeks hiatus I've managed to get all the SqueakDBX
> tests to pass (ok two are still failing but they don't look like a big
> deal. ) Yayyyyyyy! It helped using the right backend. I've all but
> given up compiling openDBX. If I have time I'll go back to it for
> completeness. I'll suggest some changes to the windows specific
> documentation, or make them myself. How do you want to proceed?

Let me check with the rest of the team.

> Soooooo now I have two questions that have occured to me.
> 1. Is SqueakDBX ported to GemStone? (I'm guessing not)..

The problem is FFI. What do you want to do exacly ?  I mean, why (for what)
you need SqueakDBX in Gemstone ?

> 2. Is there a MsSQLPlatform on GLORP or does the SQLServerPlatform
> integration work. (GLORP documentation makes reference to *rumours* of
> SQLServer integration working.) Basically what is the state of the
> GLORP/SqueakDBX rearchitecture work looking in order to use SueakDBX
> backend?

Maybe you can take a look to:

http://www.squeakdbx.org/GLORP%20integration

However, the installation scripts are out-dated. We now use
ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX, not those loaders.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com