[SqueakDBX] MSSQL, selecting nvarchar (other types too) field causes DBXTypeNotSupported.

Miguel Sanchez mikey.sanchez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:10:46 UTC 2011

BTW Diogenes, this is what I was using to connect to the DB using
DBXMSSQLPlatform

| conn connectionSettings result select aRow counter|
    connectionSettings := DBXConnectionSettings
                host: '127.0.0.1'
                port: '1433'
                database: 'LanceNG'
                userName: 'mike'
                userPassword: 'mike'.

conn  := DBXConnection platform: DBXMSSQLPlatform new settings:
connectionSettings.
conn connect.
conn open.

I get DBXRecoverableError Connecting to server failed.

I have the following dlls in pharo.exe directory.
libmssqlbackend-1.dll
libopendbx-1.dll
libopendbxplus-1.dll

(there are others but I don't think I need anything else.)

Miguel