[SqueakDBX] [ANN] New Glorp Port

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:58:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> wrote:

> On 06/06/11 10:57 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>
>> I'm glad to announce a first stable version of the new Glorp Port, from
>> VW 7.7.1.
>>

> Great news.
> Any docs on what are the differences from the previous version?
> What issues might there be in migration?
> Does the Native PostgreSQL client still work with this new port?

Yes, it should work. The same way we build a DBX driver for Glorp, we
created a PostgreSQL one with what we removed with the hardcoded stuff in
SqueakDatabaseAccessor.
Such code from the previous versions of GlorpDBX was in
http://www.squeaksource.com/PostgresV2  package GlorpDriverPostgreSQL
We will give it a try and let you know if it is working.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com