[SqueakDBX] Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] New Glorp Port

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 22:22:49 UTC 2011

Hi Alan!!

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Alan Knight <knight at acm.org> wrote:

>  Thanks.
>
> I got Michael to import this into the public Store. That's an interesting
> exercise, because in current versions, Store uses Glorp, so loading a
> different version of Glorp and trying to publish it is interesting.

So you imported our changes in a branch of your repo?  I was going to make a
list of what we had to do to import it into pharo to send it to you :).
Actually I learnt a lot (and I still do) while doing the port, but my
learning process is a bit chaothic, and making a list in the first try was
not easy for me, hehe.

> Even in a different namespace the class extensions of base classes collide.
> But it got imported. I'd like to be able to compare this to the current
> Glorp versions and bring back portability fixes into the main branch. One
> issue is that this comes as one package, GlorpDBX, so the package structure
> of the original is lost. That can probably be worked around, but it's a bit
> of work.

Actually yes, since in pharo we don't have namespaces, we had to
recategorize a lot of classes to put it a little of order, hehe.

> Also, when you say "from VW 7.7.1" can I assume that means you started from
> the version of Glorp distributed with VW 7.7.1, which would be '7.7.1 - 19'?

Yeap :)

Thanks!
Guille