[SqueakDBX] Installing on Windows with MSSql backend was Re: [Esug-list] [ANN] ESUG supports once again SqueakDBX

Miguel Sanchez mikey.sanchez at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:56:53 UTC 2011

Many thanks Mariano, copying libsybdb-5.dll to the Pharo directory
(along with the precompiled openDBX dll's full listing below.) sorted
out the problem with the DLL dialog.

libfirebirdbackend-1.dll
libmssqlbackend-1.dll
libmysqlbackend-1.dll
libodbcbackend-1.dll
libopendbx-1.dll
libopendbxplus-1.dll
liboraclebackend-1.dll
libpgsqlbackend-1.dll
libsqlite3backend-1.dll
libsybasebackend-1.dll
libsybdb-5.dll

However.......When I try to connect to the database (see below) I get
thrown into the debugger with the following signal.
DBXRecoverableError: RECOVERABLE OpenDBX: Connecting to server failed.

	| conn connectionSettings |
    connectionSettings := DBXConnectionSettings
                host: 'localhost'
                port: '1433'
                database: 'LanceNG'
                userName: 'mike'
                userPassword: 'mike'.

 conn := DBXConnection platform: DBXMSSQLPlatform new settings:
connectionSettings.
 conn connect.
conn open.

It's a little strange that the message occurs on "conn open" and not
on "conn connect" (?). I have tested the user from the local MSSQL
management Studio and logs in fine and has correct permissions on
objects. I have not found a dump or debug log in the Pharo directory.

I'll start looking at compiling freetds and opendbx as there may be
utilities that will give more meaningful debug info to isolate where
the problem lies.

Best Regards,

Miguel