[SqueakDBX] Re: New port to Pharo

Alan Knight knight at acm.org
Mon Mar 21 22:31:42 UTC 2011

Hi Mariano,
    That's great. It would be awesome to have the Glorp license changed,
but as we discussed in a different thread in the Glorp newsgroup, I just
haven't gotten it all done yet. Soon.

    The version that we are shipping with VisualWorks 7.8 will be the
7.8 - 1023 in the public repository (which just appeared there now,
because a while ago my machine that I used to run replication on broke,
and I haven't set it up to automatically replicate). The way I used to
do the ports was that there was a GlorpUtilities package that could be
loaded into VisualWorks that would then file out into different file out
formats. I haven't done it in a while, though. There's also some stuff
that we did within Cincom for bringing Seaside versions into Store and
exporting changes back out to Monticello that might be nicer, in that it
would keep versions organized. I have the impression that it was written
to the point that the people who wrote it could use it for what they
needed, and it might be tricky to use if you're not them, but you have
my permission to pester Michael Lucas-Smith about it :-)

All the packages that are in the Glorp bundle in VisualWorks are
mandatory, and they aren't even really separate packages, as there are
lots of dependencies between them. Plus Glorp<Dialect>Port. There are a
few extras that aren't, such as GlorpActiveRecord and GlorpAnalysis.

--
Alan Knight [|], Engineering Manager, Cincom Smalltalk
knight at acm.org
aknight at cincom.com
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com