[SqueakDBX] OpenDBX: Another command is already in progress

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:39:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM, John Toohey <jt at parspro.com> wrote:

> I get this error a lot when my system is under load. According to the pgsql
> docs, I should do this, "PQgetResult must be called repeatedly until it
> returns a null pointer,

*indicating* that the *command* *is* done."

This is weird...it should not happen while using SqueakDBX.
If you see DBXConnection >> execute:

just at the beginning we do:

    | aResult |
    self isOpen ifFalse:
        [ OpenDBXDriverError signal: 'You cannot execute a query if the
connection is not open' ].
    self releasePreviousResult.

that method #releasePreviousResult  that exactly that. If you didn't finish
iterating all returns in your last query, we do it for you in the next
query. Of course, we also do that while closing the connection.
So...I cannot image how you can get that :(
Probably something with the pool and Glorp ?

> How do I handle this type of error in GlorpDBX? I'm using Pharo 1.2 and the
> Glorp/DBX build that was available when that was released.
>
> --
> ~JT

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com