[Squeakfoundation]It Takes A Community

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:43:40 +0200

tim@sumeru.stanford.edu said:
> Except that I think _some_ money is needed to pay the rent on the
> meeting places that provide the venues for the community to meet. In
> this case, I think the important meeting room is a high reliabilty
> server looked after by a trustable ISP so that we don't suffer outages
> and data losses.

Don't worry, Tim, I run such a company and the SqF won't need to pay us for
that (at least not until it starts eating /major/ parts of our bandwidth, at
which time I think it won't be very hard to find some sponsors). I've got a
development/emergency backup server already running Swiki's
(swiki.cdegroot.com/squeakfoundation) and if there's a serious effort around a
Squeak Foundation, there's no problem in moving that to our production
machines (IBM servers with lots of RAID arrays, 24x7 pagers and other
impressive thingies ;-)).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>