[Squeakfoundation]OK, what exactly should this SqueakFoundation thing be and do?
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 01:03:30 -0500
A few initial notions (following several of the points Tim made earlier)
which I hope others will add to, refine, step on, etc :
The SqueakFoundation should be a single, easily found, responsive,
reliable, up-to-date point of contact and information for most things
Squeak; should act as an organizing entity to sift out the best of the
Squeak world and present it in a well-structured, easily accessed and
understood form; and should create content as necessary to achieve this.
This means creating/compiling/maintaining:
- a reliable, regularly updated, organized web presence;
- clear detailed info for getting started with Squeak;
- an organized repository of sources and premade Squeak distributions for
- a good updated FAQ database (searchable would be nice) with info for
newbies and not so newbies;
- task oriented how-to-do info;
- a *complete* searchable archive of the Squeak mailing list from its
- host the Squeak mailing list and actually maintain it (no more running on
inertia like it's done for so long - not meaning to be ungrateful, but the
list needs and deserves better);
I realize there can be much more to SqF, and there is much more to add, but
there also needs to be a place to begin.