[Squeakfoundation]OK, what exactly should this SqueakFoundation thing be and do?

Dwight Hughes squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:49:35 -0500

I have basically zero experience in the actual legal and financial creation
of a foundation, so I'll differ to others on the business side of things.

However, some general concerns: I strongly agree with Dave about the prime
importance of SqF as a community first and as an institution second. There
is a need to figure out what SqF's goals and purpose are first, and then
consider what needs to be done to accomplish all this, and when.

SqF also needs visibility and its own distinctive identity to draw interest
and attention -- will that be well served with SqF as a committee under
YAS? (I mean that as a question, not a challenge.)

-- Dwight