[Squeakfoundation]OK, what exactly should this SqueakFoundation thing be and do?

Randal L. Schwartz squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
25 Apr 2001 10:08:19 -0700

Dwight> SqF also needs visibility and its own distinctive identity to draw
Dwight> interest and attention -- will that be well served with SqF as a
Dwight> committee under YAS? (I mean that as a question, not a challenge.)

I believe so.  SqF would function as its own commitee, with whatever
web presence was wanted.  On the page with "donations", it'd
say "SqF is a standing committee of Yet Another Society... you can
make targeted tax-deductible donations to YAS to benefit SqF".

Other than that, I can assure you that YAS would stay hands-off,
except for ensuring compliance with YAS's charter for tax purposes.