[Squeakfoundation]OK, what exactly should this SqueakFoundation thing be and do?

Dwight Hughes squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:27:27 -0500

I'll have to look a little deeper into the chaordic process -- the precepts
look good, I'm just not sure how one goes about properly applying all of
them in practice yet.

I definitely think SqF's domain should be much broader than just being the
support site for Stable Squeak. The primary contribution of SqF to the
world of Squeak should be "professionalism" - applying, creating,
contributing, and striving for the best professional standards in all
aspects. Stable Squeak will certainly be a major part of this (and will be
SqF's "baby" most likely), but so should support of the "dream" - the SqC
bleeding edge Squeak. Of course, it will be very important to feed the
improvements in Stable Squeak back into SqC Squeak and vice versa, and to
do what we can to make this possible. A hard fork is in nobody's best
interest, and Stable Squeak must not be allowed turn into Stagnant Squeak.

I don't see SqF competing with http://www.squeakland.org/ at all -- I see
this as an entirely different domain from where SqF should be (not what
they are trying to do so much as the audience being addressed).

-- Dwight