[Squeakfoundation]It Takes a Community

Dave squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:05:03 -0400

What is needed is for people to step up to the bar and say I'm in and
I'll give
 ???? to the community effort. If there are not enough people to support
it there is
no community (so lurkers put up or shut up <grin>).

One also needs leaders - to do the "BS" part and a leader to do the
"Linus" part
and some others to help.

The community needs to give that group a mandate to "do something with
Squeak"
which will be definition be wrong <grin> but better than nothing.

Using the XP Community Building Kit <grin> you can then iterate over
time.

The name, goals...will come as you go...communities form to do things
not define things <grin>.

Dave

p.s. Dan is not opposed to using Squeak if SqF goals are in the spirit
of Squeak...
I believe the OpenSmalltalk came up because some people have a passion
for going backwards to ANSI Smalltalk ( I hate reruns<grin>).