[Squeakfoundation]What's in a name?

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:32:03 +0200

mas@wellthot.com said:
> What do others think of Open Smalltalk Foundation vs. Squeak
> Foundation?

Well (watch me getting obnoxious here), it would obviously depend on the
goals/purpose we set ourselves. Open Smalltalk would probably convey some
purposes clearer and certainly would generate more initial (press) interest,
but it would also, as Tim remarks, risk that the Squeak connection become
unclear. I do like the suggestion that the name is open for discussion, though.

I wanted to suggest the Pangalacticgargleblaster Foundation, but that name's
been taken...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>