[Squeakfoundation]Chaordic Purpose

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:56:04 +0200

pdfernhout@kurtz-fernhout.com said:
> So, then basically the Squeak Foundation purpose is about promoting
> Squeak and supporting processes the develop it for maximum value for
> various user communities?

[Trying to steer discussion back to the purpose] Yes. Re-reading Dwight's
proposal, it has a lot of means and isn't too clear about the purpose. Yours:

> "To assist the evolution of a individual and group empowering
> transparent open-source ubiquitous computing platform starting from
> the initial Squeak code base"

comes closer to a purpose but I have problems reading it - everything between
"individual" and "computing" is one big adjective to "platform", and that
strings consist of a number of words heavily contaminated by marketing guys.
But I like the one-sentence formulation. Am I the only one having problems
with the words "empowering", "transparent", "ubiquitous" appearing in one
sentence? Is there an alternative that's as open-ended?

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>