[Squeakfoundation]Hosting and Legal

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:52:22 +0200

editor@squeakonline.com said:
> It would be a good idea to register squeakfoundation.org and even
> squeakfoundation.com asap.

Done. In 48 hours, you'll be able to s/cdegroot.com/squeakfoundation.org/

> Honestly neither Squeak nor Smalltalk are names that are catchy for
> people who hear them the first time.

Neither was Apache the first time I heard it. Or Linux. These days, you either
pay someone millions or dollars to make up "Accenture" for you or you grab a
name that has .com and .org still free and hope for the best ;-)

I think it should be Squeak Foundation. The name is already a brand in the
heads of Squeakers (whose support we'll need first and foremost!) and I think
it can be turned into a brand for others as well. There are funnier names
around...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>