[Squeakfoundation]Newbie Squeak on Mac

Glenn S. Fisher squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:16:49 -0400

I'm only about 30 days into using Squeak so I'm not up to speed on all the
known issues with the tool. I'm working on a Mac and noticing a strange and
annoying behavior. When I move another active application window in front of
the Squeak window, the Squeak window remains active, sort of. Mouse
movements and clicks pass through the active application window to the
Squeak window and cause menus to open, items to be selected, etc. This
doesn't happen if I collapse the Squeak window, so there is a work around.
It's just a little annoying.

I like the tool though. I'm in the streaming media business. I'm
investigating using it to develop a player. I found the MP3 stuff. Has
anyone done anything with the Ogg Vorbis codec in Squeak? I'd hate to waste
time re inventing the wheel, so to squeak.

Cheers,
Glenn