[Squeakfoundation]Squeak FAQ project (was: Process for volunteering)

Jörn Eyrich squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:37:00 +0200

Doug Way wrote:
> Alright, I set up a link on the SqF Swiki front page for this FAQ/Mini-FAQ project, and included some content for discussion on the page.  Feel free to add comments to the page.  (Or just discuss here, and I'll try to summarize on the page.)

Your discussion points:

* Should the thing posted monthly to the Squeak list be a Mini-FAQ or
a regular full-size FAQ?
I think it should be only a small FAQ.

* Should the monthly post include answers in the text of the post, or
links to answers?
the mini faq should have answers, where I think that most of the
questions will be of the kind "where do I find out more about...", so
most of the answers are in essence pointers. Actually, the posting
could just be "The FAQ is at http:/whatever".

* ... automatically copy the current Squeak FAQ from the Squeak Swiki
and post that monthly. ...
well, that could work if minnow is up at the moment the script runs...

I think the main work is just to skim the FAQ regularly and see if it
is still correct. And that could just as easily been done on minnow.
Another task maybe to "refactor" the FAQ, making sure related things
are near each other, that newbies easily find answers to their
essential questions without drowning in advanced topics (e.g. looking
for "how do I get it to run", but only finding things like "what does
this obscure BitBlt mode do"....)