[Squeakfoundation]Squeak FAQ project (was: Process for volunteering)

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:26:07 -0400

Thanks for your input.  (Sorry for not responding earlier, but I'm in the
middle of a vacation and checking my email infrequently...)

I generally agree with your points.  This would split FAQ maintainance into=
couple of categories... 1. maintaining the mini-FAQ and posting it to the l=
ist
regularly, and 2. maintaining (and possibly refactoring) the full-size FAQ =
on
the Swiki.

The mini-FAQ would mostly be brief answers with pointers to more informatio=
n,
and also organizational questions and answers.  The full-size Swiki FAQ wou=
ld
have more detail, as it is now (although it is probably in need of some
reorganizing).

So anyway, for now I'll plan on just working on the mini-FAQ.  I'm not goin=
to volunteer to maintain/refactor the full-size FAQ on the Swiki, as that
could be a considerable effort, but if anyone else would like to volunteer =
help with that (or the mini-FAQ), that would be great.

If maintaining two different types of FAQs turns out to cause confusion or =
be
a problem, they could be merged at a later time.  (One possibility would be=
include all the questions but not the answers from the full-size FAQ in the
mini-FAQ.)

I'll update the SqF Swiki with this info.

- Doug Way
  dway@riskmetrics.com

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:37:00 +0200 Joern.Eyrich@brokat.com (J=F6rn Eyrich)
wrote:

>Doug Way wrote:
>> Alright, I set up a link on the SqF Swiki front page for this FAQ/Mini-F=
AQ