[Squeakfoundation]Re: consolidating squeak web presence

Simon Michael squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
16 Jun 2001 15:13:28 -0700

(catching up)

"Jochen F. Rick" <nadja@cc.gatech.edu> writes:
> I only vaguelly see the point about having something that looks better
> in the URL. So, http://swiki.squeak.org/ is a decent amount better
> than http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki. Still, I don't think it is so
> much better as to incur all the other disadvantages.
>
> That being said, I think http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak is fine. You

Hi Jochen, thanks for your response.

I disagree with what you write above, for reasons mentioned in
canonical wiki with "perfect" url puts the brakes on squeak's
pink-plane progress, has been putting on the brakes, and there's no
good reason why we can't fix this now.

Do I overstate the case ? Possibly, maybe. Anyway I've had my say on
this issue, I believe.

-Simon