[Squeakfoundation]Off topic: reading the consolidated messages

Jimmie Houchin squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 05:28:52 -0500

For posterity and other Mac users this is what I did on my wife's Mac to
see how it would work. I haven't regularly used a Mac in over a year
since I built my Linux machine. I still get to be tech support. :)

Close Eudora before proceding.
I downloaded the SqueakFoundation archive, the big mbox into the
Disk/System Folder/Mail Folder. Since I do not have resedit on this
machine I simply selected and duplicated the In box. Drag the In box
copy onto BBEdit or TexEdit (my wife's favorite) select all text and
delete. Drag the SqueakFoundation mailbox onto BBEdit select all text
and copy. Paste into In box copy and save. Rename the In box copy to
whatever you pick. Open Eudora. All should be well. You'll have to set
the unread property.

This worked on my wife's Eudora 4.x Pro.

Jimmie Houchin