[Squeakfoundation]Proposal: vote for Purpose

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 00:24:28 +0200

I've reviewed the Swiki page, and I think the best proposal is Dwight's:

> To assist in the evolution of  Squeak into its ultimate expression as
> an exquisite personal and  collaborative computing environment that is
> open, well supported, and  freely available across the great majority
> of modern platforms and  operating systems.

mostly because it is a single sentence, it is balanced between concrete
(Squeak) and open-ended (whatever may evolve from what we now call Squeak),
and has a bit less buzz than Paul's version ;-) .

Are there people who seriously object to this purpose? If not, I propose we
make it version 1 and go on with Principles. It's an iterative process, after
all, so we can always come back to this point.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>