[Squeakfoundation]Proposal: vote for Purpose / on to the next

Dan Ingalls squeakfoundation@lists.cdegroot.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 11:45:13 -0700

>I did this to keep discussion flowing. Someone (a role I like to call Chief=
=20
>Whip) has to do that. I revisited the proposals on the Swiki page, and this=
=20
>was the only one that combined in a single sentence the essence of what I=
=20
>think everyone thinks that the SqF should be. The other proposals on the=
 page=20
>all seem to be "older versions".

I agree about keeping things moving.

The charter doesn't have to be cast in concrete during this period, I don't=
 think.  it just has to be workable enough to move on to the next steps.  I=
 think of it like, we're assembling something complicated, and right now=
 we're putting everything together "finger tight" just to get all the pieces=
 in place.  When it all seems to hold together, we can tweak the parts and=
 tighten the bolts.

And more about moving forward...
I'm hoping by the weekend to put out a list of projects and processes that I=
 can imagine taking place between SqF and SqC in the next 6 months to a=
 year.  This may seem out of sequence in the chaordic plan, but my hope is=
 to sort of load our cache with some of the situations we (at least I) will=
 want to deal with, so that the orderly plan goes forward with these in mind=
=2E

Ciao
	- Dan