[Squeakfoundation]Nudge, nudge!

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 21:24:53 +0200

Joern.Eyrich@brokat.com said:
> Well, the process sounds intrigueing (sp?) somehow, but I have
> problems with the strict top down approach

It's only the first iteration. I think it is a very sensible order to think
about what you want to be, without too much context. When you're down the list
for the first run,  next iterations will probably a bit less order and more
chaos.

> It's just that in my experience the chances of success are
> proportional to the inverse square of the number of people involved
> (similar to the collective IQ of a group ;-) ); but then, people often
> characterize me as a pessimist ...

One of the stronger points of a chaordic organization is that it attempts to
reverse that relation. The basic rule is "put responsibilities at the lowest
possible level", which is easy to say but hard to execute...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>