[Squeakfoundation]Away on a trip

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 20 May 2001 12:10:58 +0200

Hmmm, dead silence again. Well, as nothing special seems to be happening here
I think I will take that invitation by IBM and hop over to NY to attend their
Linux tour....

I'll be back next Sunday. It'd be absolutely great if you people could agree
on the principles (my suggestion is to agree on what's up currently and move
on, but I won't call it a vote, Andreas K. ;-)).

The next bit, Participants. I think we should invite Smalltalk vendors at this
point (I already invited James Robertson) to chime in. Most ST vendors seem to
agree that the correct approach at themselves more profitable is through a
"grow the cake" strategy, not through a "grow my share of the cake" strategy.
Therefore, Squeak could be a great common ground for a number of ST vendors to
cooperate in growing the cake by making Squeak better-known, better-quality
and maybe donating a couple of goodies to the code base. Other participants:
individuals, Smalltalk consulting companies, Smalltalk using institutions,
add-on builders/resellers, ... The big question: do we need different
membership statuses to go with that and how do we keep everything fair?

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>