[Squeakfoundation]The Natives are Restless

Dwight Hughes squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 23 May 2001 15:30:55 -0500

I support this and would like to name Dan as our chief
Pointer-In-The-Right-Direction and general Kicker-In-The-Pants. Please,
let's get something concrete happening and get on with it. An organization
is only as good as its people and what they *do* - everything else is fluff.

This whole process to set up SqF feels like being pecked to death by ducks
(and yes, I realize it hasn't even really gotten started). I know some of
you may live for stuff like this, and I know that much of it is necessary,
eventually, but my brain switches off after a couple of minutes and I
wander off across the landscape to do something else - anything else. I get
the same feeling standing in line at the DMV.

Declare SqF as a organization with a mandate to define and redefine itself
whenever and however is necessary to be the SqF we want and need. Declare
SqF a dynamically self-optimizing entity.

-- Dwight