[Squeakfoundation]Initial project - Squeak core

John M McIntosh squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 27 May 2001 18:55:26 -0700

>Here's my second initial project proposal, mostly triggered by the meeting
>with Paul.
>
>The first project must be a no-brainer, reasonably easy to implement, and a
>test of the (initial) environment. I propose CVS/Sourceforge, I know it's not
>optimal for St projects but it is there, it works, and we can use it to
>bootstrap up to a Squeak-specific SCM system.
>
>Proposal:
>
>Calling SqC's hand on SqF cooperation, I propose that we put the VM plus a
>very minimal core class library on SourceForge, and call that the official
Squeak reference implementation.

I should point out I'm in the middle of helping Tim move the
macintosh source code to VMMaker. As part of this the source code in
the image is going out into flat files, and of course the logic is
going in to let one build any variety of VM based on that tree. Once
the files are in a directory structure then you can use CVS to manage
it or what ever you wish. First though is getting all the files in a
manageable form. Hopefully I'll have this done by the end of the week.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci@smalltalkconsulting.com> 1-800-477-2659