[Squeakfoundation]Initial project - Squeak core

Göran Hultgren squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 28 May 2001 00:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all!

--- Joseph Pelrine <jpelrine@acm.org> wrote:
> Göran
>
> I don't think that it would be a good idea to merge this list with the
> StableSqueak one. There's a lot of talk here about things that really don't
> interest me (in fact, I'm probably going to unsubscribe today), written by
> people who (as you can see from your answers below) have no real idea or
> interest in our work.

Point taken - SqF and StSq do "overlap" in interests but are definitely not the same in other
respects (StSq more technical and SqF more... political, if you all mind the expression :-))!

But I was thinking of merging with the list that Cees proposed to set up about producing a core -
not the current list. Or do you think we should have our own anyway?

> Just my SFR 3 (about 2 cents).

:-)
regards, Göran

Included below the part about the lists:

[megasnip]

> > > Steps:
> > >
> > > - (in parallel with the other steps) setup a mailing list where we can
> > discuss
> > > the scope of Squeak-Core (probably VMConstruction plus stripped-down
> > versions
> > > of Kernel, ST80, Collections, System - the goal is to have stuff in
> > Core that
> > > must be present everywhere, no matter what the size of the platform or the
> > > application).
> >
> >Why not just merge this mailinglist with the (nonexistant) "Stable Squeak
> >mailinglist"? StSq is in
> >dire need of one and I have been very close to setting one up - I have
> >installed mailman but I
> >haven't gotten around configuring it. You have done that so could you set
> >one up? StSq would be
> >grateful - right now we just have an alias "stsq@bluefish.se" which points
> >to a bunch of people -
> >a list is better and the connection with SqF should be good. StSq and SqF
> >needs to "connect" I
> >believe.

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren@bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek