[Squeakfoundation]New list and Swiki from SqF, guys?

Göran Hultgren squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 29 May 2001 05:21:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All!

--- Paul Fernhout <pdfernhout@kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:
> "Göran Hultgren" wrote:
> > But there has also been... well, IMVHO a lot of fruitless discussion in SqF. In the OpenSource
> > world action and source talks. I want to see SqF as a strong group of people being concrete
> and
> > pragmatic bringing some "neutral ground" to the community. I do not want to see it become a
> > philosophy discussion club. Harsh words, I know, but that is what I feel!
>
> Please don't let my comments turn you off from the Squeak Foundation. It

No problem! :-) And don't let me turn you off either! :-)

> is obvious by now my position is a minority one, so in the absence of
> positive feedback, I'll be shutting up on these issues in this forum.

Honestly, I did not have any particular individual in mind when I wrote that and I can't say I
really know "your position". I just found a lot of "meta discussion" reading the archives that may
be interesting to some but just not to me.

> It is obvious most people on the SqF list have a certain practical
> vision of what they want SqF to do and how they want it to operate. I
> would not want to stand in the way of this group accomplishing what
> positive things it can.

IMHO all voices are good voices as long as something concrete is done TOO. Right?

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren@bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek