[Squeakfoundation]Another project - hosting the primary Squeak mailing list

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 19:12:58 -0400

"Randal L. Schwartz" wrote:

> Why not simply have egroups, er, Yahoo!groups host the list?  I moved
> a list that had been remotely archived over to Yahoo, and I was very
> happy with the process.  It's quite simple.

I used to be subscribed to a list on Egroups, and they used to have advertising tacked onto the bottom of each email message that was sent, which was annoying.  I'm not sure if Yahoo groups continues this practice or not.  Otherwise, I agree that it works pretty well and is reliable, and the advertising isn't the end of the world if you have no other options.

On the other hand, if Cees or someone else is willing to set up a reliable list, we could just go with that.

- Doug Way
  dway@riskmetrics.com