[Squeakfoundation]Process for volunteering (was Re: Concrete SqF projects)

Göran Hultgren squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 22:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- Doug Way <dway@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> >* Write and post a monthly "Mini Squeak FAQ" to the mailing list
> >For one thing, this FAQ would help many beginners to find information faster
> >(all the mini FAQ has to provide is pointers to URLs answering the
> >questions). For another thing it could be "brought to you by the
> >Squeakfoundation" thus raising the visibility of the SqF and establish
> >it as a central and known entity in Squeakland.
>
> In any case, I had some mild interest in volunteering to work on the above
> item.  (I wouldn't mind a co-volunteer if anyone else were interested... I
> guess it depends on whether this would really just be a mini-FAQ or a more
> complete Squeak FAQ.)
>
> I suppose a logical next step in volunteering for a project like this would be
> to set up a page on the SqF wiki to discuss the basic content of the project
> and how to implement it...?

As I like pragmatism I say go for it! But this will raise another question I guess - will you/we
then move the FAQ stuff already present at the minnow Swiki? Duplication is bad... :-)

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren@bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek