[Squeakfoundation]So....

squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:31:06 +0100

cg@cdegroot.com (Cees de Groot) wrote:
> ducasse <ducasse@iam.unibe.ch> said:
> >I would really like to be in contact with some nordic people using
> >Smalltalk. Have you any contact? Goran it would be nice to have a Swedish
> >Smalltalk User Group. The main idea is to start small and have fun.

I am here! :-) There aren't that many Squeakers from
Sweden/Norway/Finland.
(But we are at least 2 Squekers at Bluefish and 1 former Smalltalker)

But a SSUG :-) might be nice - at least if there is no "paperwork"
involved.

Actually, Thierry Reignier (who lives in Sweden) is coming by here at
our office later tonight
for some Squeaking/PocketSmalltalking (he wrote the FAQ for pST). We can
always talk about SSUG.

So... what IS normally a "User Group"? Just a bunch of people that
meets?

If that is the case, I could fire up a Swedish Smalltalk User Group. I
guess it would mainly involve
a Swiki, perhaps a malinglist and make sure there is something happening
regularly.

(I have a bad habit of taking on assignments and then realizing I have
no time, for example
I really need to take some time to do some harvesting...)

> Well, from your point-of-view the Netherlands is Nordic of course ;-), but no,
> I don't count a lot of Normans and Vikings under my acquaintances, except of
> course for the well-known people here on the list.

You can always visit and get to know some more of us! :-)

regards, Göran