[Squeakfoundation]Unrandom Random (was Two fixes I would like!)

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
4 Dec 2002 23:20:02 +0100

Ken G. Brown <kbrown@tnc.ab.ca> said:
>An associate of mine has previously run into problems with utilizing underlying platform random number generation for encryption and
>security and had come across a site that plotted noise spheres for various RNG's. Unfortunately, the site is no longer accessible.
>He ended up going with the attached 'C' code for RNG, for use in the algorithms.

Please, all - we're discussing here whether to include a quick fix for a
simple problem - the UUID's repeated b/c the randomizing stuff wasn't working
correctly. I think that the discussions on how and whether to generally
fix/implement (P)RNG in Squeak belong on the Squeak-dev list.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo