[Squeakfoundation]Ad-hoc final harvesting for 3.4

Avi Bryant squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:39:05 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Doug Way wrote:

> [Fix][Enh]ShrinkingSelection(was: Re: Behavior of Shift+arrow) (24
> November 2002) * Torge.Husfeldt (24 November 2002)
> http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/2825.html
> - This is very nice... hmm.  I tested this a bit, and it works.  I'd
> even prefer to see this preference turned on by default.  The other
> added preference (wordStyleCursorMovement) is a good idea, too (though
> it could be off by default).  Still, this involves a fair amount of
> changes, and perhaps should wait until 3.5alpha for that reason.

Whevever this goes in - while we're modifying ParagraphEditor, I would
push for my paren-blinking changeset to go in as well (modified to use a
preference).  It's completely stable and adds inobtrusive but quite useful
functionality.

Personally, I'd like to see these get adopted as soon as possible - better
text editing significantly imrpoves the out of box experience, IMO.

$0.02
Avi