[Squeakfoundation]Ad-hoc final harvesting for 3.4

Daniel Vainsencher squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:11:40 +0300

Hmm, now looking at the calendar, I notice that it's the 10th. We've
announced vaguely the release goal of end of the year. Leaving a week
for a gamma phase, with only critical fixes and changes of help texts
and such, that leaves slightly less than two weeks of this beta period.

We'll need some time for people to review something stable and test
further fixes needed on top of that.

So I'm amending my mail from before. I now think the following things,
though desirable, should not go into 3.4, because they're not stable
enough yet -
* Thierry Reignier's keyboard control of HierLists.
* Torge.Husfeldt's ShrinkingSelection
* Andres Valloud's LargeIntegerHash
* Steve's lines in HierLists.
* Brent Vukmers previewer in world menu.
We should just notify the authors so they can make them ready for early
3.5a.

Proposed time line -
* 15.12.02 - those things we're sure about out in the external stream.
* 22.12.02 - gamma
* 29.12.02 - if it's ready, declare final.

Daniel