[Squeakfoundation]re: release management (was"WeakMessageSends/Events for 3.4")

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:35:56 -0500

I basically agree with what Craig posted, especially the point about diluting the meaning of a final release.  The "Life cycle of a release" swiki page sounds like a good summary for now.

I had mostly [fix]es in mind when I brought up the list of ~30 submissions for us to review.  I thought that perhaps one or two very small [enh]ancements might be okay also, but in retrospect, sticking with the rule of "fixes only" for the beta stage is a good idea.  We are shooting for a final release quite soon (by the end of the year), so it won't be long before 3.5alpha is opened and we can incorporate plenty of enhancements at that time.

So, as much as I'd like to see the hierarchy & shrinking selection enhancements go in, they can wait until next month.

I'll post soon with a summary, taking everyone's feedback into account.

- Doug