[Squeakfoundation]Re: final fixes for 3.4beta

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:53:22 -0500

That sounds like a good plan.  I agree with not making major changes to the "Worlds of Squeak" projects, etc.

Looking at Bruce's Squeak3.4b-5138 image from the ftp site (your image may or may not be identical), I noticed a few minor problems you could clean up while you're at it:

- Re-center the rotation point of the SqueakLogo (mouse eyes) morph.  I think this got moved as a side-effect of a fix awhile ago.
- Accept the text in the "Welcome to..." window. (while you'll probably do anyway if you're editing it)  It's distracting to see the red border inside the window. :-)
- If it's easy to do, regenerate the windows/titlebars for the four windows, since they now have the old collapse icon which doesn't match newly opened windows.  If it's not simple to do, don't worry about it.

As far as adding additional intro contents about SqueakMap or the Guides, should we tack on this information somewhere?  Also, should we have a Guide or Volunteer in charge of the final distribution-image-readying in the future?  Volunteers are welcome. :)  I would sort of prefer if it were someone else other than me (since handling harvesting and the update stream feels like enough work for me), although I could do it if no one else wants to.

- Doug