[Squeakfoundation]Re: FreePAN: an opportunity to share repositories!

Avi Bryant squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:14:56 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Brian Ingerson wrote:

> The effort is very collaborative. People have already started showing up
> on irc and asking if they could help. To which I'm very grateful. Plenty
> of work to do. I am currently looking for a Squeak Content Manager.
> Someone to make sure Squeak is well represented. Anybody interested?

Hi Brian,

How's the Squeak port of YAML going? ;-)

I have some concern about muddying the waters as to where to look for
Squeak packages - as I think Ned mentioned, SqueakMap has gained a lot of
momentum and mind share lately, and if FreePAN is going to work for the
Squeak community we'll have to be careful to coordinate/integrate with
SqueakMap, not compete with it.

Assuming we can resolve that issue, I'd be willing to make sure Squeak was
properly represented on FreePAN.

Cheers,
Avi