[Squeakfoundation]New mailing list request for Bellesqueak (CSOTD included!)

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
29 Jan 2002 00:54:47 +0100

 <goran.hultgren@bluefish.se> said:
>1. If SqF want's to be a good "buddy" with other projects that in some
>way touch upon Squeak then fine. But that would probably be something
>that SqF needs to declare openly as an intent. Of course, hosting a
>mailinglist is a small thing after all, so personally I am ok with it.

There are two aspects here: the SqF goal is stated quite broadly (go read
the Swiki), so IMOHO being a good buddy would fit in without explicitely
requiring a statement of intent. Second, the reason I'm firing up this
discussion is to try to define the (necessarily fuzzy) border between
'clearly SqF' (a core distribution) and 'clearly not SqF' (hosting VisualBasic
business app projects).

>2. If Cees (in person) would like to be a good buddy then hey! Go ahead!
>:-)

I have this strong urge to be nice...

>3. If SqF for some reason thinks that this might be a project that
>Squeak can benefit from then I would like to remind you that GPL isn't
>"compatible" with SqueakL which means that "base Squeak" can not
>incorporate any code coming out from such a project into the Squeak
>image.

CSOTD: self sleep.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>