[Squeakfoundation]Re: How are you

Giovanni Giorgi squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:18:30 +0200

Craig Latta wrote:
> Hi Giovanni--
>

>>Is the Squeak foundation dead?
>

> 	No, it's bursting with people asking if it's still alive. :)
Ok, it was a stupid email ;) but I'd
like to know the status of the Squeak comunity.

> 	Excellent! And yourself?
Quite good, thank you
> 	The way in which I'm currently contributing to the Squeak Foundation is
> by making the system smaller and cleaner. I spend most of my Squeak time
> doing this and not talking much about it. This is good because the
> overhead to getting things done is low, and not so good because my
> priorities might not be quite right (and I don't help the
> Squeak-Foundation-looks-dead problem). I think things will change when I
> get to a place where I can split up the work I'm doing.

I think the lack of a "scoped module interface" is a big problem.
We cannot develop good package into Squeak without a NameSpace facility!
What about this thing?
Bye

--
// Giovanni  Giorgi      First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
//                        Then they fight you. Then you win